Senior Front-End Developer
in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a Sr. Front End Engineer in our great office at Dubai, UAE
Are you a thought leader and expert in everything front-end? Can you solve any task thrown at you, irrespective of complexity or scale? Do you mentor those in your team and push the boundaries of perfection? Do you know which corners can and can't be cut?
Delivering A-class products that scale to millions of users, applying new industry trends and challenging your peers are all part of the daily gig. Our Front-End Engineers conceive, design and deliver wowing interfaces and put our user's experience first.
We are here to build the best classifieds platform the Middle East has ever seen and anyone who doesn't have the same goals should look elsewhere!
You will be part of a small, ambitious and dedicated cross functional pack that tackles the toughest of problems. Clean, high-caliber code is what we eat every single day.
At dubizzle we believe that Engineers are more than drones set with a task to deliver. We look for people who understand the impact of their work, share our enthusiasm for disrupting consumer exploitation and go above and beyond to shape the vision, projects and roadmap of the micro-startup team in which they operate.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
Work as part of an agile team to conceive, deliver & improve features for our products in a fast paced environment;
- Play a significant role in planning sessions around new product features, and deliver detailed roll-out/roll-back strategies for releases;
- Work closely with product owners on the feasibility of upcoming changes & providing accurate timelines of work;
- Work closely with our visual design team, to build up to standards HTML/CSS/JS/Client-Side components;
- Ensure feature comparability across multiple browsers & platforms;
- Identify & address performance issues for products that scale to millions of users;
- Create unit tests in accordance with our established standards to cover assigned work;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Actively participate in code review;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Research and apply new industry trends as part of your daily work;
- Experiment with new front-end development technologies;
- Impact the direction and scope of your team’s technical and business vision
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong background of Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and XP; Ability to act as a Scrum Master within a team;
- Ability to be a technical mentor within a product vertical team of front-end and back-end engineers;
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with preprocessors;
- 1+ years using client-side frameworks;
- 1+ years experience with building tools such as Gulp and webpack.
dubizzle.com is the leading classifieds website for users in the UAE. Since its launch in 2005, dubizzle.com has become the number one platform for users to buy, sell, or find anything in their community. A community where underused goods are redistributed to fill a new need, and become wanted again, where non- product assets such as space, skills and money are exchanged and traded in new ways that don’t always require centralized institutions or ‘middlemen’.
dubizzle is an OLX company.The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 40 markets, including the brands OLX, Avito, letgo and dubizzle.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.7 billion monthly visits, 35 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
We share a relaxed and result-oriented environment that promotes the interaction among peers. Everybody can learn from different life and working experiences. Working at dubizzle / OLX means taking part in a multicultural world of innovative projects, constant self-improvement, and collaborative work.
For more information on this listing please email Barbara Sabido - email@example.com