The tech team at viagogo is focused on building a platform that will revolutionise the way fans across the globe buy and sell tickets for live events. With buyers and sellers using our website and mobile applications in over 60 countries, 30 languages and hundreds of delivery and payment options, we're constantly taking on tough, exciting engineering challenges - and we're doing it at scale! We are looking for passionate, skilled Front End Developers who want to make meaningful, measurable improvements that impact millions of users.
How we work
We work in a start-up like manner and we work in small scrum teams of 4-7. Every team member is encouraged to take full ownership of their part of the platform but also to contribute ideas, suggestions and code to other areas of the business. We believe that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often. The tech team is building something that has never been built before so we're always trying to think outside the box. We hold monthly hackathons where team members inside and outside of tech bring their most creative ideas for the product; some of which even make it to production the same night!
This role will give you full ownership of the work you do from idea to execution. You will be responsible for all the work done across our e-commerce sites and internal products. You will need to bring your creativity and problem solving skills to connect with the users to be able to make the necessary changes across our high volume transactional websites.
• Develop highly interactive and robust user-facing features across desktop and mobile web platforms
• Continually identify areas of opportunity to optimise client-side performance and scalability
• Manage the complexity of a highly localised, cross-browser/device product by developing quality code ensuring our products are up-to-standard before release
• Build and maintain reusable code and libraries that can be leveraged by other engineers
• Collaborate with product managers and other engineers and thrive on feedback, critique, and iteration
What we’re looking for
• At least 1 year of Front End Development experience
• Strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
• Basic understanding of CSS pre-processors such as LESS or SASS
• Experience with Front end frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
• Basic understanding of front-end performance tuning, best practices and techniques
• Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Basic understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
• Extremely thorough, detail-oriented, organised, with the ability to be effective with your time.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills to convey ideas in an effective manner
• Passionate about technology, willingness to learn and try new things.
We have an informal, no-nonsense culture that is growing fast and we’re always on the lookout for passionate and talented individuals, if you love the sound of what we're building and you're not sure if this particular role is the right fit for you, please get in touch.
To apply for the position please click the following link- https://viagogo.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=28