in Lisbon, Portugal
James’ front-end helps banks build better predictive models using Machine Learning. Providing an intuitive interface that offers helpful data visualizations is an essential part in building models that protect billions of assets. Join us and be a part of the global movement to replace legacy enterprise software with quality, flexible, and adaptive SaaS.
You should be a pragmatist who will learn React and (in very short time) take ownership of the front-end of our Machine Learning application called James. In order to hit the ground running, you should have a basic understanding of functional/declarative programming and modular design.
You will work closely with backend engineers and data scientists to design APIs that are minimal yet powerful. You will collaborate extensively with designers to ensure we plan and execute the best UI that is technically feasible. You'll be given a chance to keep James' UI on the cutting edge by searching for and experimenting with the latest and greatest in frontend technologies.
Lastly, you should be willing to learn about building predictive models by using the product that you help create. Be proud and critical of what you build!
- Be fearless - tackle difficult problems and totally own them
- Love fast iteration - build and ship quickly
- Be proactive - we don’t want to micromanage anyone
- Be fluent in English
- Have 1 year industry experience
Nice to have
- Knowledge of webpack
- Exposure to d3.js
- Work in downtown (Baixa)
- Flexible work hours / location - Need a day off on short notice? Need to work from home for the day? That’s fine, the most important thing to us are the results you produce
- Have your voice heard organization-wide - the entire company fits into one office
- Be connected with the engineering and data science community in Lisbon
- Use the dev-tools of your choice - we standardize execution environments and leave productivity tools up to you
To apply for this listing please click the following link - https://james.finance/jobs/frontend-developer/