Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? Want to be part of a growing team in a well-funded early stage startup? Where you can become a leader by doing, not by talking? Where you get autonomy in a stimulating, open culture?
You've come to the right place.
WORKING AT CITIZENLAB
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our cloud-based SaaS platform, used by already over 15 cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
What is the job about?
As a Front-End Engineer at CitizenLab, you will be responsible for the development of web applications for desktop and mobile devices, as well as the user ergonomics, performance tuning and test automation. On this journey you'll be working closely together with the rest of the team.
Our small development team works in weekly sprints to make the iterations as short as possible. We try to apply best practices as test driven development, continuous integration, containerized environments and frequent user testing to build well-engineered, yet user-centric products. If that sounds like music to your ears, we need you to help us further build out this culture.
WHAT IS THE JOB ABOUT?
For new projects we're mostly using React+Redux, Ruby and Elixir/Phoenix. More specifically, we're looking for someone to take ownership of the React frontend, although full-stack involvement is mandatory.
- You completely master a recent JS front-end framework like React/Redux, Angular, Ember, etc;
- You have at least 2 years of experience developing web applications;
- You have a good feel for UX/UI design;
- You know the importance of writing tests;
- You think from a user perspective and love building sticky products;
- You take initiative and like to be challenged;
- You have a passion for technology, and can prove us through various hobby and side projects.
What can you expect in return?
- Learn by doing new things and taking a lot of responsibility in a small flat-hierarchied team;
- Become fully part of a fast-growing, well-funded SaaS startup and have your impact on the growth;
- Fun and dynamic working environment with a talented, ambitious team
- Chance to really fine-tune a project to the highest standards, opposed to delivering working applications for clients on a limited budget;
- A flexible and friendly workplace in the heart of Brussels;
- Competitive salary package with stock options.
To apply for this job listing please click the following link: https://www.citizenlab.co/jobs/front-end