Senior Front-End Developer - Interactive Unit Leader
in Barcelona, Spain
Elkanodata is a global information design agency based in Barcelona and our goal is to be amongst the top 3 global information design agencies by 2019. We are small but we are growing fast and want to grow even faster. We want to push the limits of information design.
Our clients are innovative companies, international organizations and industry leaders such as Spotify, the United Nations or NYU.
Our agency is a great place to work. We work hard and we have fun. We like to surround ourselves with creative people who love what they do and have a passion for design, data and all things Internet. We get stuff done whilst enjoying the ride.
As an Interactive Unit Leader at Elkanodata you will:
- Work closely with designers to develop top quality interactive products, tools and experiences
- Design and execute new product development plans and evolve current products based on market and customer needs. You will keep your ear to the ground to incorporate industry best practices
- A Junior developer will report to you and you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring him
- We continuously work on improving our processes to become more efficient. Alongside the creative and the project management teams you will review and optimize our execution processes
- We are growing and growing fast, alongside the CEO you will define and execute the strategy to grow the Interactive Business Unit. You will recruit new developers to ramp up the team and set the unit’s strategy, goals and objectives
- 5+ years experience working in digital agencies with the highest quality standards
- An entrepreneurial mindset: you are able to demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, passion and curiosity
- A doer: you have a proven track record of getting things done. You respond decisively to challenges
- Ambition and resilience: our company is small but we are growing and changing fast. You want to grow with us, keep a positive mental attitude and learn and try new things along the way. We want you to be confident and humble
- You believe in solving problems through collaboration, investigation and iteration. We sweat the details and love analysis
- A relationship builder: you initiate and manage working relationships with people that are based on trust and openness. You are confident in challenging and being challenged in a constructive manner
- A leader: You can coach, mentor and motivate others and can clearly communicate your passion and vision to your team. You can delegate and give clear directions
- Someone who is fun and easy to work with. You don’t take yourself too seriously!
- Excellent technical skills: HTML + CSS3, AngularJS (React or Backbone), D3.js, PHP back-end development, APIs management and Web Services
- Intermediate technical skills: MySQL, Node.js (Meteor), WordPress configuration and customization, Project management with GIT, Bower & Grunt, Amazon Web Services configuration and maintenance, MongoDB
Nice to have
- Recruiting experience: able to attract and hire talented developers
- You have trained and mentored a junior developer before
- You have experience growing teams and developing the strategy for a business unit
- Flexible hours
- Half day Fridays (Grab a beer with us, go to the beach, hit the gym downstairs)
- Bonus scheme
- Offices in the center of Barcelona
- International, multicultural and talented team. We are a team of 10 and have more than 6 nationalities
- Team events (no, they are not mandatory!)
- A parking spot for your bike or motorbike
Apply now via Landing.jobs