Senior Front-End Developer (m/f)
in Munich, Germany
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our engineering teams architect, develop and test our social network. As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for building awesome front-ends, assuring their quality and running them in a production environment in an interdisciplinary team of different specialists.
As a Senior Frontend Developer at InterNations, you will:
- identify and communicate front-end best practices
- build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- test your code with automated tests
- take part in expanding, documenting and implementing our UX pattern library
- work with Product Management on the feasibility of upcoming changes
You meet the following requirements:
- you understand prototypal inheritance, scoping, and closures
- familiarity beyond ES5 (e.g. ES6, TypeScript, CoffeeScript)
- you care about consistency of design and dislike having ten different buttons on a single page
- you like fast web applications and know how to optimize them
- you want to learn new things: technology, practices, user interactions
- you have an interest in coordinating cross-team efforts and initiatives
- a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a front-end developer
- familiarity with automated testing, be it unit-, functional- and/or acceptance testing
- a fast-growing, dynamic company with international scope
- a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit and regular team events
- a central location in a wonderful cosmopolitan city with beautiful natural surroundings
- support with visa and work permit application
- we only need to support IE 10+
Are you the right one for the job?
Start the conversation by sending in your application (CV, cover letter, start date, salary expectation) today via our job portal:
Application: Please include in your cover letter a list of projects you contributed to and are proud of. We also like to hear about what kind of work environment you aspire for and what technologies you find interesting right now.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With about 2.5 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups and useful information for expats, InterNations is the largest global network and information site for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea almost ten years ago, is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team representing more than 30 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together, we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.