At 3D Hubs we are doing something that has never been done before; decentralising manufacturing by connecting people who want to 3D print to the people owning the machines. Today, 3D Hubs provides over 1 billion people access to a 3D printer within 10 miles of their home, that's almost 15% of the world population.
Being an engineer in the 3D Hubs team means having a direct impact and pioneering on the core engine that makes our platform unique as an online 3D printing solution. You will be responsible for building new features that are in tune with the latest trends in the 3D printing industry, testing and improving the overall performance. One of our cool features is the 3D model viewer complete with printability insights for the users. But most of all, you will have global impact, creating an intuitive experience for engineers, designers and architects from around the world.
As a lead you will manage the current front-end team and spearhead the technical road map. Because 3D Printing is such a new industry, we are learning and educating at the same time. The iterations are fast-paced and innovation is at the heart of every implementation. That is why you will also have an impact on the future tech choices inside 3D Hubs, that will help us to take the platform one step forward.
One of the projects we are excited about in the future is a fully interactive communication platform. It will connect the printing hubs with the customers and will be enriched with real time price calculations.
Your sidekicks will be colleagues from these awesome squads - Geometry, Demand, Supply, Evolution and Ops. Together we will build scalable solutions and literally change the way manufacturing will work in the future.
Find out more about the company culture and the people behind 3D Hubs here!
Our technology stack
- ES6 (Angular, Three.js)
- Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy)
- AWS: EC2, S3, RDS etc.
- Get excited by the chance to lead our tech choices and the front-end projects
- Are eager to coach and share knowledge with your colleagues
- Have strong project management skills and get the product across the finish line
- Like to choose the right tool for the right job
- Are open to innovation
- Enjoy a vibrant, creative and ever changing environment
- Free 3D printing, anytime, at our office
- Real impact on our technical roadmap
- Work in a lean, fast-paced, start-up environment located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Work together with a rapidly expanding, international, young team of 45+ people and 17+ nationalities
- Get time to work on your own projects at our Pizza Nights
- Free lunch, Italian quality coffee and awesome Friday drinks
- Wired: Startup of the Week: 3D Hubs
- Techcrunch: 3D Hubs, an online marketplace for local 3D printing, scores $7M Series B
- Newsweek: How 3D printing will make manufacturing in America great again
- Engineering.com: 3D Hubs funded $7M for Distributed 3D Printing Services
Click here to apply for this job listing.