Full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer
in Remote / Berlin
GetTechTalent is a hand-selected network of Europe’s best freelance developers, designer and product managers. We empower our clients to build outstanding digital products with high-performance remote teams. By joining GetTechTalent, you’ll work on eye-level with top-notch peers on exciting projects for clients ranging from renown start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Join us as full-stack Ruby developer and build high-quality Ruby on Rails applications. You will be responsible for developing and integrating front-end elements into the application. Therefore, a solid understanding of front-end technologies is necessary. Additionally, you will work on server-side logic, database logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Therefore, a good understanding of back-end technologies is required. Our ideal candidate is reliable, dedicated, shares our passion for high-quality work and is good at “getting things done“. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop applications and you will cooperate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Build new, reusable, and high-quality code
- Develop and integrate front-end components
- Develop back-end server side logic and integrations
- Refactor and improve existing code
- Manage customer requirements and scope
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of server-side templating with Liquid or Slim
- Solid understanding of both object-oriented programming
- Proficiency with databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with HTML5, (S)CSS3
- Familiarity with various concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning, continuous integration, build tools, etc.
- Ability to manage customer requirements and scope
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- You are available full-time and are fully dedicated to the project
- You are based in the European Union
Sound like a good fit for you? Apply here: https://goo.gl/lHN0gj