We are looking for a remote, front-end developer with demonstrable experience building interactive user interfaces to join Swift Education Systems, an Education Technology software company run by developers. This will be a contract position. We are not interested in hearing from consulting agencies or recruiters – only individuals.
Your primary focus will be assisting with the development of a ChromeOS-targeted web application to expand our suite of macOS and iOS products. You will develop interactive user interface components for audio-visual media playback and manipulation and content creation, and robustly synchronize UI state between computers. Please highlight your experience in these areas in your resume and/or email. You will coordinate with the rest of the team (a web audio specialist, server backend developer, and two Apple platform audio developers) as needed.About You
- Experience building interactive web widgets
- Experience with mobile browser management and layout
- Familiarity with the ChromeOS platform APIs
- Excellent communicator
- Interested in education and language learning
- Motivated to build fantastic tools for educators and learners
- Several years experience in the industry as a front-end web application UI developer
We are a small team that works around different time-zones and life commitments. Therefore, the ability to work independently with self-initiative, as well as collaboratively in a team-environment, is important.
- ECMAScript 6
- JS MVC frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Real-time messaging frameworks (deepstream.io, Firebase, Realm, etc.)
- $40,000 - $50,000 (USD) compensation
- Opportunity to earn company stock options
- Work remotely: live anywhere with reliable access to the internet
- Flexible work schedule: we value quality over quantity and raw hours spent at “work”
- Relaxed culture, support and room to grow in a young company
Swift Education Systems is a profitable EdTech startup with university roots, based in Chicago, Illinois. We develop teacher-friendly instructional technology for K-12 and University classrooms.We focus on realtime collaborative language instruction systems to facilitate conversational practice and increase oral fluency in the classroom. We work with a wide-range of schools across the U.S. (and 7 countries abroad) that span flagship state universities, elite private universities, small independent boarding schools, and large public school districts.
How to Join Us
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your previous work history (including applicable contract work)
- A link to your GitHub profile or portfolio of work
- A brief statement explaining your interest in this position
- If possible, please show work samples of custom UI controls and real-time state synchronization”
If we think there might be a good fit, we will schedule a Skype/FaceTime interview with you to discuss next steps.
Thank you for your time; we look forward to receiving your application for this position and will respond as soon as possible.
Zach, Will, and Louie
Swift Education Systems Founders