What We're Looking For
- You have 2-4 years commercial experience as a Frontend Engineer/Developer and are hungry for more
- You could have 3-5 years commercial experience and want to help us push our Frontend team further
- Experience building single page applications using technologies like React, Angular or other frameworks
- Experience working in a team developing highly functional, data-rich web applications with dynamic, JS-driven interfaces
- Strong experience with CSS (and preprocessors like Sass or PostCSS), RWD, HTML
- Experience with tools like Webpack and Babel
- Interest and knowledge in ES6+
- Clear understanding of how the DOM works in regards to rendering and performance
- Experience with Git & GitFlow tools
- Strong product design and UX love
- Experience in working with designers and design tools (Photoshop, Sketch)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical matters simply and clearly to non-technical colleagues
- Capability to rapidly understand and accurately assess business needs and prioritise and propose suitable technical or process solutions
- Strategic thinking: the ability to evaluate options in the short, medium and long-term and balance short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and iterate often to produce high-quality code
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience in code testing is a plus (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, ...)
- Experience with agile development methodology and working with cross functional teams
- Interest for backend technologies (Node) or DevOps
- Interest in functional programming
BEST JOB EVER! APPLY NOW!
Just kidding. But, seriously… job ads, man. Someone has to come up with a more exciting format for these things. So little scope for style. You just have to sort of bash out the requisite info and hope that people make it down to the bottom where the salary used to be. Everyone wants to know how much wong is involved. Nothing wrong with that.
So… NEVERBLAND. I’ll level with you: we don’t have an air hockey table or craft ale on tap. No neon sign either. If you’re still reading after that bombshell then get this:
We all come here, every day, not to make interactive banners or campaign sites for epilators, but to be part of a company with purpose, that creates actual, meaningful, outstanding tech for people and brands who dream big. We get to be a vector for those dreams. We make them. It’s bananas.
Come in, do rewarding work, challenge yourself and be challenged, share food and jokes with people you like and respect... I think you can rest easy at night with that sort of existence. It’s a good life.
Our London office has 4 super talented Frontend Engineers and Developers. We need a fifth.
As part of our Front-end team your days will be filled developing engaging interactive products that people will love. You’ll have an eye for the finest details, know your JS, and be as happy diving into well-documented code as you are developing your own.
You’re well versed in available Frontend frameworks and technologies but can make calculated decisions about what to use based on the project at hand. You get excited by new architecture techniques and love the idea of developing highly functional, data-rich single page web applications with dynamic, JS-driven interfaces. Knowing tech like you do, you’re excited by the future of the web and what possibilities lie ahead with advances in technologies like React, Redux and Node.
You’ll also relish working as part of a team— supporting the studio and simultaneously managing relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Join us. Click here to apply - https://www.neverbland.com/careers