Senior Front-End Software Engineer
Mindojo, a “remote-first” company founded in 2006, is looking for a talented frontend developer with experience working on complex single-page applications and with attention to detail. Being a pretty small remote team of senior engineers from different countries, we develop the world's first self-evolving, adaptive learning platform that’s used for premium online courses (CFA, GMAT, GRE, and others) in partnership with companies such as Bloomberg and The Economist. These courses help people (regardless of location and socioeconomic class) to get better jobs, be more successful, and make their dreams come true.
We have a brilliant team of professors who create unique first-class content, and we’re on the way to disrupt the global education market. Within our platform, students are constantly engaged in a personalized dialogue with our AI private tutor, far surpassing the efficacy of existing resources (textbooks, video or classroom lectures, and various e-learning products).
We offer a full-time contract for a 100% remote senior frontend position, so you can work from wherever you wish. At the same time, you are also invited to participate in periodic payable team meetups in different countries together with our CEO. Hiking in Armenia and skiing in Sochi? Sure. Bicycles and amazing sweets in Turkey, yachting in Cyprus, and cool beer in Prague? Why not! Something new every time.
Let’s be honest: we are lucky here because we have minimum bureaucracy and enough freedom. We truly enjoy a large amount of autonomy and independence in our day-to-day tasks, and sometimes we work hard (who’s not familiar with healthy deadlines?). But we are also happy with what we do and what we get. As a consequence of that, we need someone who can approach the frontend from different angles and who is comfortable asking questions and proposing valuable solutions to help us move forward.
Speaking technically: our basic client-side stack consists mostly of Ember, React/Redux, SASS, Yarn, Webpack, and PhoneGap. Sometimes we switch and add new technologies according to our needs, but nobody suffers. Some of our projects are stand-alone ones, others have a neat architecture and are related to each other. That makes their development even more interesting and challenging. We also follow style guides and process, and you’re welcome to improve them both.
We’d like to hear from a candidate who:
- Has experience at least 3 years of professional web development.
- Has understanding of common programming patterns and principles.
- Thinks not only about delivering a code that just works but understands reusability and maintainability together with overall performance
- Writes semantic and accessible HTML5 along with modern CSS features (BEM-based).
- Has experience writing automated tests.
- Has experience of using Git (we use Github).
- Has experience working as a part of agile team.
- Confident in communicating in English, verbal and written. You don’t have to be proficient, but you must be able to talk and write freely.
- Online portfolio of previous works.
- Experience with working remotely.
- Knowledge of dependency & build tools (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack).
- Mobile development experience, understanding of PWA principles.
- Knowledge of UI design best practices.
- Experience with server-side technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Work in a delivery-based, agile environment with a remote team of talented people.
- Contribute to the architecture, code and testing of high-quality apps that support expansion of the Mindojo’s e-learning platform.
- Do code reviews.
- Participate in weekly video-meetings: retrospectives, sprint planning.
- Learn new technologies and be responsible for results of your work.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, better-than-market salary.
- Individual bonuses related on your personal performance and common milestones.
- A stock option plan.
- Energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly small team.
- Challenging and interesting big projects.
- Company sponsored events and educational programs.
- Very flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere in the world.
- Last, but not least: a real chance to play a key part in revolutionizing education worldwide.
Please write us, we don’t bite. We’ll tell you more about us, you’ll tell us more about you. Maybe we’ll become a perfect fit to each other and even the best friends in the near future. Everything is possible.
Also see our other job positions and share with your friends: https://mindojo.com/careers.html