The tab are a global media startup publishing news and entertainment for people in their late teens and twenties. We publish the tab, a news network covering student and youth culture, and babe, a site “for girls who don’t give a fuck”. These editorial brands have a monthly cross-platform audience of 50 million people.
Tab media is a global media startup publishing news and entertainment for people in their late teens and twenties. We publish the tab, a news network covering student and youth culture, and babe, a site “for girls who don’t give a fuck”. These editorial brands have a monthly cross-platform audience of 50 million people.
Founded at Cambridge University in 2009, the company has raised a total of £7 million in funding from investors such as Balderton capital and news corp. We employ a total of 43 people working in editorial, commercial, technology and operations roles at our offices in London and Brooklyn.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing and innovative media startup, and gain experience in a global business. You will help the company build influential media brands which are loved, feared and imitated.
About the role!
In this role, you will lead and define technology at tab media. You will manage a team of two: a senior WordPress developer who oversees a large WordPress multi-site, and a designer/front-end developer who spends the majority of his time on client campaigns.
This role is perfect for an ambitious, versatile developer who wants to take greater management responsibility while continuing to write code. You should apply if you want a leadership position in a fast-growing startup and ultimately to build a team and become cto.
As our technical lead you will be responsible for the following:
● The company’s technical stack, including node microservices and a react and node cms
● Managing a senior Wordpress developer and a designer/front-end developer
● Setting the tech roadmap and ensuring delivery using an agile approach
● Ensuring high standards of code quality across the team
● Working with the ceo and other senior managers to define tech strategy and roadmap
● Communicating with other areas of the business on developments and priorities.
As our technical lead you will have experience with:
● Building web applications with React and Node
● Working with build tools, including webpack
● Setting up and maintaining infrastructure on aws
● High level of autonomy
● Awesome team to work with
● 25 days of paid vacation
● Competitive salary and equity option to the right candidate
● Breakfast provided
To apply, email Conor Cussell (email@example.com) your CV and links to:
Your Github profile or any repos you are proud of
Websites or applications you are particularly proud of