Junior Front-End Developer
in Gillingham, Dorset. U.K.
Junior Web Developer
Full Time: - 35 Hours - Permanent
Location: Peacemarsh, Dorset. U.K.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
We are currently looking for someone to join our established, dynamic and high performing Digital Team here in Peacemarsh, Dorset, supporting and assisting our Lead Web Developer and UX Designer in delivering ongoing projects alongside daily duties.
The main focus of this role is to deliver the development roadmap for the Neal's Yard Remedies website. Supporting and assisting our Lead Web Developer, you will have a good understanding of web technologies and a passion for solving problems. Producing high quality work for the ecommerce platform, QA testing and liaising with our external development agency will be key parts of the role.
As part of the wider digital team, supporting ecommerce, digital marketing and development activity with administrative tasks and data management will also be part of the role.
- Support the company's existing external and internal web platforms.
- Use expert knowledge of relevant technologies to design and develop dynamic web sites, web interfaces & forms throughout the business.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the business to ensure that web systems deliver business requirements.
- Assist in administering the monthly code releases and track/gather feedback for the work tickets through our development partners support desk.
- Manage and liaise with development partners where appropriate.
- Continually evaluate the web systems and make recommendations for changes to current systems to ensure that business strategy is delivered.
- Liaise with the creative, marketing, customer care and fulfilment teams to keep product information up to date and factually correct.
- Implement the required seasonal campaigns and competitions in partnership with the creative and marketing teams.
- Support the digital marketing team with administrative tasks in general day to day duties.
- Use of Google web analytics data to inform decisions and share insights with the rest of the digital team.
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
- We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Up to 3 years' experience in a development, digital and/or ecommerce role.
- Additional scripting languages and experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Passionate about customers and improving their experience online.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work and to self Q&A.
- Experience of using an ecommerce platform, such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud (previously Demandware) would be advantageous.
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator.
- Experience with issue tracking solutions, such as JIRA, would be advantageous.
- Experience with version control tools, such as BitBucket & SourceTree, would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to demonstrate excellent time management & organisational skills.
- A hands-on approach with a can-do attitude, structured thinking and working style.
- A keen attention to detail and a sense of initiative.
- A good understanding of Google Analytics fundamentals.
- Someone who loves what they do and maintains a high awareness of new technologies and industry trends.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- In tune with Neal's Yard Remedies' values, especially as they relate to sustainability and the environment.