Interactive Front-end Developer
in Brooklyn Preferred (Remote Considered)
Radish Lab is currently seeking an Interactive Frontend Developer to join our technology team. Interactive Developers work within a small team to make designs and wireframes come to life, and work closely with server-side developers to put out clean, polished code. You must be flexible, able to take initiative, and willing to do what it takes to find the right solution for each problem that arises.
Radish Lab is an interactive agency focused on social impact projects. We work with lots of cool and inspiring people and have offices in Brooklyn, New York and Berlin, Germany, with remote team members across US. Past and current clients include the United Nations, Columbia University, the American Museum of Natural History, the Brooklyn Navy Yard, UNICEF, and the International Rescue Committee. We are a growing team of 12 very nice people.
The ideal candidate is extremely accountable and thorough. You work well with a team of people and manage tasks, sprints, phases, and tickets in an organized and detail-oriented way. We have a preference for the candidate to be based near our office in Brooklyn, but are open to applications from remote workers. Perhaps most importantly, you’re nice, you like to solve problems, and you take initiative when you see an opportunity.
- Proven knowledge with JS frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- Experience translating designs and wireframes into fluid, responsive web and mobile experiences
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor (Sass, Less)
- Familiarity with automation tools like Gulp, Grunt, and Webpack
- Experience with Git
- Experience creating themes for an open source PHP CMS (Wordpress, Drupal)
- Familiarity with backend technologies and frameworks (PHP, Ruby, Ruby on Rails)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing front-end pages that are optimized for SEO and accessibility
What we like to see
- Full stack experience with an emphasis on front-end development
- Keen eye for design and UX, particularly as they translate to the web
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to stick to deadlines
- Desire to expand and share knowledge within a team structure
- Experience with cartographic mapping tools (MapBox, Carto, Leaflet.js, Google Maps)
- Familiar with using automated development environments and tools like Vagrant, Ansible, and Docker
- Experience using the open source starter Wordpress theme (Sage)
- Advanced knowledge of creating interactive experience with 508 accessibility
- Flexible vacation policy (including 3 weeks mandatory paid time off per year)
- Full benefits and 401k option
- If based in Brooklyn, a sunny office with a fully-stocked kitchen and stellar team
- Room for growth. We’re a grow from within kind of team and we’re eager for your ideas and input at every step of the way.
Interested candidates should include an awesome (seriously) cover letter, resume, LinkedIn and Github accounts in their application.
No recruiters or calls please.
Radish Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.