Full-Stack Developer (Front-End Focus)
NS has a job opening in Amsterdam for a
Fullstack Developer (front-end focus)
Amsterdam, 36 hours
That’s why you want to fulfill this vacancy for a full-stack developer with a focus on front-end development.
You will be responsible for further improving the experience of our international train passengers. At NS International, our mission is to get as many people as possible to take the train instead of their cars or the plane for medium-distance journeys in Europe. It’s our way of contributing to a better climate. This is done by informing and helping travelers as well as possible via online and mobile services, from planning their trips and making reservations to providing travel information during the journey and at the arrival station. The most important tool is IT. You will be responsible for making sure our passengers have the perfect travel experience with NSInternational.nl!
You will, therefore, be helping us to make the journeys of more than 1,000,000 passengers as pleasant and sustainable as possible -day in, day out. Tomorrow’s journey starts with you! How it works
As a developer, you will play an important role in the technical translation of our omnichannel strategy, UX designs and user stories for the further development of our website (NSInternational.nl). The portal consists of a number of sections, including the customized purchase area, 'my environment', and the area where tickets can be changed after purchase. In addition, we have portals aimed at specific target groups such as travel agents. You will work on challenging projects using state-of-the-art technologies. You will be successful in this, because you are smart at using your previous experience and ‘getting-things-done mentality' when: Translating business objectives into practical solutions that efficiently exploit the architecture and code quality, and respect the timeliness required by the business. Setting up automatic testing and deployment in a DevOps environment. Contributing to further improving the way NS International's achieves its objectives.
We are moving forward in both the technology we use and how we work. For example, we are fully committed to continuous delivery and DevOps, all within an agile scrum team. You will take part in knowledge chapters, and you are open to concepts such as pair programming and code review. The job includes space and time to spar, share knowledge and learn. Do you want to spend a day with another team? Great! Do you want to delve into another specialist area? No problem!
This is where it happens
Your chair is waiting for you above Central Station in Amsterdam, at the offices of NS International, a subsidiary of NS. We are responsible for the further development of NSInternational.nl, ensuring our services are even more attractive, user-friendly, successful and effective.
• You have experience in Angular (or similar framework) development, and applications in Java Json Rest/API
• Your T-shaped profile means you can be deployed in the team and help out in operations.
• Experience with Continuous Delivery and DevOps (mindset and tooling) is important to us.
• You know about the latest developments and communicate them to the team so that they can be applied jointly.
• You work well in multidisciplinary teams.
• It’s also a bonus if you have experience with Typescript and technologies such as NPM, Springbot, Hibernate, JUnit, Maven.
You can count on NS
Working at NS means that you can make a difference in the world of sustainable mobility. You will be part of an organisation that is at the heart of society and moves the Netherlands from A to B. However, we’re one of the largest employers in the Netherlands, so we have much more to offer. This vacancy is based on a 36-hour working week, and offers:
• A gross maximum salary of €4,973.40 per month.
• 25 holiday days per year plus 1,1 week flexible budget
• 3% end-of-year bonus, 8% holiday allowance and an excellent pension scheme.
• Free 2nd class travel. Only logical considering you’re helping the prime Dutch railway company ;).
• 1st class travel subject to a personal contribution and possible discount for family members.
• Discount on European train travel after 12 months in service.
• Professional development opportunities and a selection plan.
Apply for this job
So? Are you going to be the person who makes our passengers' travel experience even better? Then use the following link: