Working at the forefront of open data publication in the UK, we help our clients manage, publish and gain insight from data in a wide range of domains, often with a positive benefit for society. We’re expanding, and are open both to practiced front end developers and to people with less experience, including new graduates, who are keen to learn.
You’ll be joining small and large projects to deliver user-facing applications with significant impact, working directly with clients ranging from government departments to NGOs to private companies. Our clients’ linked-data and semantic web datasets contain intricate relationships within large volumes of data. Users of those datasets include domain experts and the general public. You will create web applications that give them accurate data that they can understand and rely upon, as well as advancing Epimorphics' range of data publication tools and products.
Find us on GitHub: github.com/epimorphics
Recent and upcoming projects
- Interactive tool to extract and curate a structured data feed from textual documents, for the Food Standards Agency, using Ruby on Rails and Vue.js
- Interactive data visualisation of UK house price trends for HM Land Registry, using Rails and Vue.js
- Next-generation integrated data hub for public-sector data sharing
- Familiar with the principles of usability and accessibility, you notice awkward or difficult interactions and are motivated by trying to improve them
- Adaptable and positive about learning new programming languages and frameworks
- Comfortable with the principles of good visual layout
- At least one meaningful project you can talk about at an interview, whether that's from university, employment, or a personal project
- A natural curiosity that relishes getting to grips with new subject domains, and diverse user requirements
We'll help you get up to speed on our current systems
- £28,000 - £35,000+ negotiable (we're keeping an open mind)
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- We support flexible working. Talk to us about what you need.
- With the agreement of your manager you also may choose to work remotely some of the time. Many of our team work from home on Fridays
- EMI share scheme. All our shareholders are employees, and we offer all employees the opportunity to become shareholders
- Annual profit sharing for all employees, depending on company performance
- Pension scheme
- We invest in our employees’ development. You’re encouraged to attend conferences, take training classes and contribute to open source
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays | flexible hours | computer and OS of your choice | staff kitchen with coffee, teas and snacks | indoor bike storage | free parking
- Portishead is a pleasant coastal town in easy reach of Bristol, with affordable living options and a wide range of shops, coffee shops and restaurants in walking distance from our office
We love working with data and creating technology which makes a difference – whether in small or ground breaking ways. We are a friendly team of passionate people who love solving interesting challenges. Our team includes accomplished computer scientists and data experts who helped define the standards in the semantic web and linked-data. We’ve built groundbreaking linked data services for the public sector here in the UK and elsewhere.
You can expect to work in small teams where you can make a significant contribution, build on your strengths, and learn new skills in a supportive environment. We believe in using the right tools for the job, so there’s often the opportunity to suggest different technology for a particular project. We’re always seeking ways to improve how we work collaboratively, so you can bring fresh ideas and try new approaches. epimorphics.com/about
Epimorphics is an equal-opportunity employer, and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Location: Portishead, Bristol, South West England. Commutable by car or bike, approx one hour by bus from Bristol (X3 and X4 buses)
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more:
RECRUITERS: Epimorphics has selected techfolk as its recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed