Senior Front-End Technical Architect
in Toronto, ON
What We're Looking For
As we continue to grow and work on challenging and unique projects with enterprise-level clients, we are adding to our teams. Reporting to the Development Manager, we are looking for a Senior Front-end Technical Architect to join our Agile scrum team. This is a step up for a Senior Front End Developer looking for an Architecture role while keeping their hands in active development. Someone who wants to use AngularJS to develop customized new features while continuing to emphasize interface design, application flow and ease of use.
What’s in it for you
Career development. We build useful software. We help turn ideas into practical solutions. Our application is built knowing that there are a lot of interesting ways of using Angular to avoid the common pitfalls and bottlenecks of bindings and watches.
Impact. We're always iterating. We know that there's always room for process improvement. That's why we're constantly tweaking our product, so our clients get the best possible software with the features they need. We welcome your input and innovative suggestions.
Purpose. We're passionate about our people. At FormHero, our purpose is to improve the relationships between businesses by helping them put their user experience first. We think our own teams are just as worthy of our respect and dedication.
Our tech stack
- AWS EC2, ECS and security infrastructure.
- Docker for containerization.
- NodeJS for the backend.
- MongoDB, Redis.
- RabbitMQ / AWS SQS.
Our new Senior Front-End Technical Architect will:
- Architect. Review business requirements, propose designs and build wireframes for approval.
- Refine. Adapt your design based on feedback.
- Code. Use their architecture talents to develop and deploy new features for each of our three products.
- Lead. Work with developers on creating components and controllers to implement the designs and carry out code reviews to ensure we meet our own high standards.
- Customize. Create and manage look-and-feel hierarchies to allow easy customization by clients.
- Collaborate. Communicate with a product team and work across other teams ensuring the project vision is carried out.
Our new Senior Front-End Technical Architect has:
- The education. A Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent is preferred, but we know not everyone gains their programming and design skills this way.
- The hands-on expertise. You have 15+ years of hands-on professional Front End development expertise with AngularJS (ideally both 1.x and 2+) specifically building scalable applications. You have insights gained through repeated use on what makes Angular tick. You have experience with Balsamiq or similar wireframing tool.
- The leadership. You know how to grow and build a team; you can offer coaching and guidance to junior team members.
- The desire to learn. You can quickly adopt new technologies and respond to change by learning and adapting.
- The communication skills. You can effectively translate design and business requirements into a technical solution. You know how to listen and be a contributing team member. You have outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- The creativity and adaptability. You can adapt quickly, innovate solutions and embrace the new while accepting the ambiguous.
It’s only human to hate paperwork and at FormHero we’re here to change the way it’s done. Whether you are applying for a mortgage, securing insurance or going through any of life’s other big and little moments, filling out a form is tedious and often feels futile. If you’re the person checking those forms, every time you miss a detail it costs money and time. At FormHero, we put an end to that. We prioritize customer experience. And we’re doing it intelligently. Our products are being used by banks, insurance carriers and government agencies to improve their customer experience and engagement. And that’s just the beginning.
Why should you join us?
FormHero is a OneEleven company, a global scale-up hub focused on helping the most promising, high-growth tech startups build their businesses and scale their operations. Joining us now is a chance to be part of a small but growing company. It’s a chance to make an impact on literally thousands of people. We’re a company with traction and we’re planning to expand broadly. We are already working with some of the largest companies in Canada and we have gained the recognition of putting the end user customer experience first. We are also a company that brought in HR when we hit 14 people to demonstrate our commitment to growing the team in the ways they wanted to grow. We believe we have a responsibility to help our people live the work-life and the home-life they want to and we live up to that every day.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2CsUPV6