Senior Front End Engineer
in Austin, TX
What We're Looking For
The Software Engineer III – Front End Engineering is a senior member of the team, and an integral part of our growing team, championing web standards as well as sharing knowledge and skill across development teams. Ideal candidates bring several years of web development experience, expert knowledge of HTML/CSS, solid design, layout, and usability knowledge, and the ability to execute with minimal supervision. They are responsible for their own code and bugs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience in developing web applications, mobile and/or large scale enterprise products
- Working knowledge of server-side languages (PHP, ASP, Ruby, C#)
- You have an eye for details that make a great user experience
- You take pride in pixel-perfect precision
- Familiar with SDLC and programming design patterns
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Skillful at reviewing new feature impact on an application and recognizing potential risks
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops any Photoshop or Sketch mockups in HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints.
- Makes implementation design decisions around new feature components.
- Produces contingency plans for critical projects.
- Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge the level of effort.
- Breaks down complex projects and delegate work to junior engineers.
- Carefully analyzes design specifications before coding to understand the effort levels required.
- Brainstorms with Product Managers and designers to conceptualize and estimate new features.
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers.
- Writes and executes tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies.
- Ensures designs and projects created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable.
- All other duties as assigned.
About MINDBODY Inc.
Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
Accrual PTO Program + 7 holidays
40 hr work week
Fitness classes & massages
Flexible office space
Click here to apply for this listing https://www.mindbodyonline.com/company/careers/opportunities?p=job%2FoIru9fww