Our factory is designed to deliver great quality at high pace. In every team that you work in you will be expected to deliver work to a high level of quality. Your work quality is measured through the First Time Acceptance Rate, which means passing the code review quality bar set by Chief Architects.
As a software engineer, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as a maintenance or unit test team.
The maintenance team is responsible for bug fixing across our 150+ product portfolio. If you are working with the maintenance team you will have an element of product specialization but will mainly expected to be a process specialists. You will ensure that you have all the right information and toolsets available to be able to quickly reproduce a client’s environment, reproduce a bug, fix it, test it, document the fix and send for review. You will be part of the the weekly product release cycles and thereby ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that you are constantly improving the quality of our products.
If you are placed with the unit test team you will be responsible for increasing unit test code coverage for all products. You are expected to have great experience in writing unit tests and will also have daily and weekly targets to work against. Your role is to increase the unit test coverage and work according to the team's standards and quality guidelines. Your work quality is measured through a First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that the Product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the you and without having to ask for a rework.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer in C#.net, Java, C++ or front end technologies such as AngularJs or React
- 1+ year experience in writing unit tests using google test, google mock, nunit, or junit
- 6+ months experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- 6+months experience in Github and Jira
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST, and shell scripting
- Good proficiency in the English language
Nice to Have:
- Experience in using AWS services
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world.
Please click here for further details on this listing - https://www.crossover.com/job-software-engineer/?utm_campaign=AvailableJobs