Senior Front-End Developer
in Chicago, IL or Birmingham, AL
What We're Looking For
We are looking to hire a strong and passionate Front End Developer who is ready to take on a Senior role as a tech lead for upcoming projects. Our Front End Mantra 'To be evangelists for Club Automation's product's users who put the user's needs first and provide a clear, concise and unobtrusive interface for conducting the user's objectives. Our products should be flexible and adaptable to deliver expedient, high-quality experiences befitting world-class software.' If this resonates with you and you have the skills required to get the job done, apply today!
What A TYPICAL DAY Looks Like
Develop high-quality applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Help define the technical architecture of the product
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Actively participate in code and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data driven approach.
- Contributes to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentors junior team members
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur, and presents technical issues and their impact to leadership
What skills and experience IS required
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Experience building mobile first, responsive websites
- Strong understanding of browser limitations/features
- Node.js, NPM, or yarn experience
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with building and integrating with RESTful API’s
- Experience writing unit, automated and integration tests
- Passion towards Front End Development
A BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with ExpressJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with AWS Services (EC2, S3, ELB, Cloud Front,
- Cloudwatch, Lambda, Kinesis)
- Experience with PHP
- Mobile Development
- Design and Development Methodologies (e.g. DDD, TDD,
- and BDD)
Club Automation offers industry-leading health club software to over 500 locations of various shapes and sizes that service over 1 million active members. We focus on delivering world-class software that is coupled with the best training and support in the industry to help our customers grow their businesses, delight their members, making the world a healthier and happier place.
The Daxko Nation includes three distinct brands: Daxko, Club Automation, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
We look forward to hearing from you, Apply Today!