Front-End UI Developer
What We're Looking For
We’re looking to hire a UI Developer. Specifically, we’re looking for a front-end developer with a strong eye for design and a passion for HTML and CSS. We're building new areas and features of the Vitl website, as well as upgrading existing areas of the Vitl ecosystem. This job will be integral to Vitl’s continued growth.
Whilst we hope that this work is up your street and UI development is your thing, we’d also hope that you're really excited about the idea of working at a health-tech startup like Vitl.
You should be comfortable working from both wireframes and full-colour mockups to create responsive designs that can be quickly and efficiently integrated into a web application (think reusable components). You should also be well organised and structured in your work even under tight deadlines, and show initiative when suggesting and implementing new ideas.
- Semantic HTML5 markup and strong knowledge of CSS3
- LESS or SASS
- Task runners such as Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- Exposure to CSS methodologies like OOCSS and BEM
- Exposure to the Angular framework
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsive email templates either in pure HTML or markup languages such as MJML
- Use of Photoshop / XD or similar
- Web accessibility protocols such as ARIA
- Knowledge of graceful degradation and progressive enhancement
- SEO best practices for websites
- Experience working at a startup company
Hello, we’re Vitl
We understand that finding the time to stay healthy is increasingly difficult when you lead a busy, exciting life. That’s why we’re on a mission to build the most advanced health and wellbeing platform to improve our users’ health.
As one of the world’s leading personalised nutrition platforms, we offer AI-driven online consultations, alongside DNA and blood testing kits, to provide tailor-made vitamins and personalised content to help people feel 100% more often.
Headquartered in London, we’re backed by some of the UK’s leading angel and institutional investors including Samos (backers of Ocado and Charlotte Tilbury) and True (a leading UK consumer investor), as well as Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla & LoveFilm) and Simon Duffy (Founder of Bulldog skincare).
Since launching we’ve already:
- Achieved over £2m in revenue
- Helped over 150,000 people learn more about their health with our industry-leading nutritional health consultation
- Delivered over 60,000 nutrition packs directly to people around the world
- Started selling our products in Whole Foods, Planet Organic and GNC, with Vitl now available worldwide
- Created a service that customers love: 93% of reviews on TrustPilot rate VITL as 'Great' or ‘Excellent’
You must have the right to work in the UK
For further information on this listing please - email@example.com