Accessibility Focused Front End Developer
As an Accessibility Focused Front End Developer your main duty will be working with the Digital Team to ensure corporate digital channels are constantly being developed to WCAG 2.1 ‘AA’ compliance in line with the new EU accessibility law.
You will also be advising other website owners across the organisation (and their suppliers/developers) how they can ensure their websites meet these standards).
As an Accessibility Focused Front End Developer, you will have proven experience of delivering accessible solutions on a variety of digital web platforms. You will have extensive knowledge and application of WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines.
Essential skills include:
- Expert knowledge of accessibility, web standards and associated technologies
- Familiarity with Bootstrap or Foundation frameworks
- Working knowledge of CSS pre-processing platforms SASS
- Understanding of modern web development process using Node.js, WebPack, Composer etc
- Practiced in client-side performance and cross browser compatibility
- Exposure to PHP, MySQL and WordPress development
- Understanding of source control using Github.