Software Engineer (Frontend)
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher series and upcoming Cyberpunk 2077), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which serves millions of customers worldwide every month. Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of passionate games industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
We’re looking for a talented developer to work from our office in Warsaw, Poland, to take on the role of a Front-end Developer. Join our passionate and deeply knowledgeable team of developers who love their craft, and help build our stunning GOG Galaxy Client and GOG.com website – all created with top programming standards. You'll make a real impact on the final shape of our platform, but also work on many aspects of the GOG.com ecosystem including a variety of internal applications.
- Creating new and maintaining existing components of GOG.com.
- Working closely with designers and back-end developers to iterate and fine tune projects.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- At least 2 years of professional experience on a similar position.
- Writing high quality, well designed, testable and maintainable code.
- Attention to detail, necessary to create pixel perfect templates.
- Experience with responsive layouts.
- Understanding of browser differences and ability to create cross browser solutions.
- Enthusiasm and the willingness to constantly grow your skills.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Being familiar with TypeScript and AngularJS (or other JS frameworks).
- Hands-on experience with BEM.
- Knowledge of performance optimizations techniques and ways to hunt memory leaks.
- Practicing Test-driven development (TDD).
- A passion for games and the gaming industry.
What do we offer?
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Does this sound like the perfect job opening for you? Submit your CV in English and some code samples here:
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."