Software Engineer, Front-End
in Boston, MA (+ remote)
SimSpace is looking for a frontend software developer to help shape the future of realistic environments used for cyber security testing, training, and tool development.
We are seriously disrupting the status quo for Cyber Security Ranges to allow companies to better understand their risk and improve through practice and experimentation. We are a fast moving company that needs the right kind of talent and determination to join our team. We are protective of our company culture and will carefully consider how well you fit in. We’re a start-up that must ship. There are real technical challenges, so we need your talent to succeed. We’re still small (approx. 50 engineers), so it’s a great time to join us.
Our customers tell us that our interfaces are as beautiful as they are efficient and capable. We’re proud of what we build, applying a consistent design approach so that our tools and infrastructure get out of the way so our customers can be fully engaged with learning. There are many opportunities to apply both your creative side for pixel-perfect webapps, along with your computer science abilities for algorithms, data handling, concurrency, and API design.
Since we’re headquartered in Boston, MA, we have a strong preference for team members to be located in the Boston area, however we are open to remote arrangements for mid to senior developers.
- Develop frontend services in our cyber range software platform
- Use Typescript for all new code and convert ES6 code as changes are made
- Effortlessly handle reactive and responsive user interfaces
- Make use of REST and WebSockets to interact with other backend services
- Work closely with a passionate team of software developers and designers
You are a good fit if you have...
- At least three years of professional software engineering experience, and at least one year of solid experience with React/Redux and Typescript or ES6. Not just side projects or toy problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML5/SASS across browser versions. You must be able to do the basics.
- Enjoy making suggestions for new frontend approaches while also working with our existing code base. We like new ideas, but we’re not going to re-implement everything in the flavor of the week.
- Demonstrated understanding of static type systems. All new front-end code is being written in TypeScript, and we refactor the legacy plain JS code to use TS when time allows.
- Demonstrated experience with functional programming OR an interest in learning.
- A strong sense of pride in crafting well-tested and well-designed code that is delivered on-time.
- Produce high quality software that is well-written, tested thoroughly and securely designed and implemented
- Fluent with git, GitHub, Docker, CI/CD, and modern team software development and testing tools and practices
- Basic system administration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter that is highly motivated, accepting of other opinions, and can work effectively in a team
- U.S. citizenship as required by our existing U.S. Government contracts
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental)
- Equity in the company
- Flexible hours provided you overlap the main part of the day to interact with others
- One day a week telecommute -- we value in-person interaction
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Click the following link for further information on this listing - https://angel.co/company/simspace/jobs/210564-software-engineer-frontend