in Paris preferrably
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a freelance Interface Engineer with a web portfolio that includes SalesForce Commerce Cloud e-commerce websites. As a Front-End engineer, you sit at the crossroads of design and technology. You write clean, efficient and semantic code with a keen eye for pixel accuracy and a hardcore desire to implement tight designs.
In the context of a website replatforming of one of the agency’s main clients, you will be working within a team of experienced back-end developers, designers, system architects, and a technical director throughout the entire development phase to build the user interface and platform (SalesForce Commerce Cloud) integration. In further details, you will:
- Develop responsive and cross-browser compatible interfaces.
- Deliver a tested and documented code (code review, peer programming…).
- Rebase branches and cherry pick commits between branches in Git.
- Advise UI design decisions with the design, development and business teams.
- Define the codebase architecture, along with the architect and back-end engineering teams.
- 3-5 years of experience developing interfaces for web and mobile.
- Experience with running tasks via NPM.
- Experience with source control in Git.
- Experience building responsive websites.
- Ability to code cross-browser/platform gracefully.
- Respect of industry-accepted standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Ability to adapt to multi team working environment.
- Ideally, some experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud Storefront and ISML.
- You should be located in Paris or in a close time zone for recurrent online/in-person meetings.
- Rate based on experience (please include your hourly rate in your application for reference).
AREA 17 is a digital product agency with studios in Paris and New York. As a company, we value art and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
It might take several days until you hear from us, but stay tuned – we’ll get back to you.